Super easy, gluten, nut and dairy free cookies ready for Anzac Day…or any day!
So let’s clear up the whole oats and gluten thing. They are gluten free if processed in a dedicated facility. Most oats are processed alongside gluten based flour so the airborne particles end up everywhere! Have you every dropped a bag of flour, or even when cooking you find it in parts of the kitchen you didn’t even enter!
If you can’t find gluten free oats then try quinoa flakes. Not quite the same but not a bad result either.
You can switch out the coconut oil for butter or ghee if you prefer and the flours are interchangeable to a certain extent as well. The sweetener can also be changed from honey, to maple syrup or coconut nectar. You can’t really stuff it up! As long as the end result can form a ball without falling apart, you’re good to go!
Lest we Forget ❤️
- 16 large cookies
- 100 grams gluten free oats or quinoa flakes
- 100 grams coconut oil
- 100 grams rapadura sugar
- 80 grams honey
- 1 tablespoon black molasses (optional)
- 50 grams coconut flour
- 50 grams buckwheat flour
- 50 grams Tapioca flour
- 50 grams desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb soda
- Preheat oven to 180˚C and line a tray with baking paper
- Blitz the oats in a food processor if you like a finer result
- Melt the coconut oil, honey, rapadura sugar and molasses on a low heat until combined
- Add the bicarb to dissolve
- Add the remainder of the ingredients in a bowl or food processor and mix to combine
- Roll in small balls and flatten on the tray with your fingers
- Pop in the oven until golden. Around 12-15 minutes
- Rest on the tray before cooling on a rack
- Try not to eat them all before the big day!